There is no doubt that this is the most sensitive and most thrilling time of your motherhood. At the same time, it is time to take care of yourself the most. You are going through every feeling that is new to you. From the mood swings, to physical changes to new cravings for food, everything is so new! And I know you are enjoying them. Therefore it is equally important for you to be in good health and follow the right postures. Therefore, I would like to suggest you, the best yoga exercises for pregnant women, so that you can easily cope up with all the changes that you go through. If you’re attending any pregnancy workout classes, check out whether it provides yoga lessons.
There are several benefits of yoga during pregnancy. It keeps you fit and flexible and at the same time helps you with proper digestion of food, which is very important when you are carrying your baby. You need to know the safe yoga poses during pregnancy so that you face no unwanted problems and complications. For fitness during pregnancy and delivery, if you follow the instruction of your trainer and practice some easy asanas, your maternity period will be less problematic than others.
Things You Need To Be Cautious About Before You Start
- Never exert yourself. It is very important to maintain prenatal yoga poses. You will not do anything you are not comfortable with. You need to stop any exercise or yoga positions if you feel any discomfort while you are performing it.
- Never put any pressure on your abdomen while you are doing any poses. Try to distribute the pressure points towards your hands and shoulder muscles. Never perform deep twists while you are carrying.
- Concentrate on those yoga postures that relaxes your connective tissues and joints. Strenuous pulls and twists are an absolute no-no now. Choose something that relaxes you completely.
- Do not lie on your back after the first three months. Lying on your back may cause breathing problem to your little one.
- These are the most important factors you need to remember before joining yoga classes.
Now you can try out simple yoga for pregnant women. These steps are all safe and they will help you relax and feel free and light. There are many benefits of yoga during pregnancy because every month you will be gaining weight, therefore it is important to keep your body flexible and healthy at the same time. Here are some easy yoga poses for would-be moms.
Bhadrasana Or The Butterfly Posture
- This yoga will you strengthen your pelvic region and inner thighs.
- How to do it? First you need to sit on a comfortable mat and stretch your legs completely.
- Gradually bend your knees in wards till both your feet meet each other in a “Namaste” position.
- Keep your spine straight and sit upright. Do not lean forward.
- Lightly place your hands on your knees and relax for sometimes till you are completely comfortable.
- Hold yourself in this posture for some times and then gradually relax and straighten your legs again.
- Repeat this twice. This is a very good yoga exercises for pregnant women.
Parvatasana Or The Mountain Posture
- This yoga is going to be one of the great ways to relieve your back pains, which is a regular problem during pregnancy.
- First you need to sit comfortably on your yoga mat in padma-asana or in sukha- asana posture.
- Sit upright and keeping your spine straight, inhale full breath and gradually raise both your hands above your head and let your palms meet in a ‘Namaste’ position, above your head. Do not bend your elbows and you need to keep both the arms as much near to your ears.
- Stay in this posture for few seconds. Then gradually come back to your normal position and relax.
- Repeat this yoga for 2-3 times with sufficient time to relax between every try.
The Palm Tree
- This is one of the easiest yoga exercises for pregnant women and it will help you stretch your body and relax your joints at the same time.
- This is the best yoga for pregnancy.
- You need to stand straight in an upright position first.
- Now slowly raise your both your hands and clasp your palms in a finger inter lock. Make sure you are not bending your elbows.
- Then gradually, first sway to your right, like a palm tree. Then sway to left. Bend sideways as much you are comfortable with.
The Forward Bend
- This posture helps you stretch your legs and the back and it is considered to be one of the best yoga during early pregnancy.
- First you stand straight while you keep a wooden chair in front of you, within your arms length.
- Now, gradually bend forward and hold the chair with both your hands.
- Bend from your hips and press your hands tightly as you hold the chair.
- Remain in this position for 60 seconds and then return back to your normal standing posture. Isn’t it one of the best pregnancy workouts?
Yastikasana Or The Stick Posture
- If you’re wondering about safe workouts for pregnant women, this yoga posture helps you release your body tension and at the same time help you stretch your body.
- You need to lie down on your back. Straighten your legs and do not bend or fold your knees. Your body should be in a straight alignment.
- Both your feet and knees should be as close as possible right next to each other.
- Keep your hands to your side right next to your body and keep your feet upwards.
- Next, you inhale a full breath of air and slowly raise your hands and stretch up and then them on the floor again. While you do this, you need to push your toes outside simultaneously.
- Now, exhale gradually and raise your hands come back to your normal position.