When nothing works, trust the egg. It is the ultimate savior in your kitchen. It has saved me every time. No matter what time of the day, healthy egg recipes for dinner can fit in any mood you are in. Whether you want it in a sandwich or made a dish, eggs will never fail you. I would love to share with you some of the lip smacking and at the same time nutritious quick and easy egg recipes for dinner.
You may think that there are lots of foods you can have at your dinner, why I’m voting for eggs. Actually, there are some reasons to support egg dish at dinner-
- Dinner is something you want to keep light. With egg you can do it without any fail.
- There are different egg recipes available on cookbooks or internet. You don’t have to repeat anything again.
- From club sandwich to egg patties, there is no end of food to make with eggs.
- You don’t have to spend a lot to attempt egg recipes for dinner easy. If you have eggs in your kitchen, you’ve conquered half of the world…
- Eggs don’t take much time to be prepared. So, whenever your children return home from tuition you can present them delicious egg recipes.
- There is nothing to say about the nutritional values of eggs. With several vitamins and minerals and lots of other nutrients, it is a super food. Make tasty egg recipes and bring smile to your family members.
So, if you’re satisfied with these reasons to choose eggs over all, follow these quick egg recipes for dinner-
Perfect Scrambled Eggs
A day should start on a happy note. Scrambled or boil eggs always do the best at your breakfast. A light and healthy meal with scrambled egg and cereals should do the trick. But, what about dinner? This is one of the quick and easy egg recipes for dinner. Here I will share with you one of the best scrambled egg recipes for dinner
Ingredients You Need
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3 ounces of grated Cheddar cheese (about ¾ cup )
- 1 finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat leaved parsley
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Take a large nonstick saucepan and heat the oil the oil over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and onion along with ½ teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon salt and stir fry the vegetables till they are tender.
- Add the eggs and stir it frequently for 1 to 2 minutes, while it is getting cooked.
- Then add the Cheddar cheese and stir and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add the chopped parsley and the tomatoes.
Serve the scrambled eggs on a plate along with bread, you can drizzle it lightly with olive oil. This is of the best dinner recipes using eggs.
Spinach and Goat Cheese Frittata
This is one of my favorite quick and easy egg recipes for dinner. Eggs, spinach and goat cheese! You can’t simply deny the power packed nutrition value in this one.
Ingredients You Need
- 10 large beaten eggs.
- 6 cups of chopped baby spinach.
- 1 cup of crumbled goat cheese.
- ½ thinly sliced medium sizes onion
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Black pepper and Kosher salt.
- Mixed green leaves for garnishing.
- Country bread.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a medium sizes non stick as well as oven proof skillet and heat the oil over a medium flame.
- Add the chopped onions, salt and pepper and stir cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the spinach and keep tossing until it wilts.
- Then add the eggs and the crumbled goat cheese.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture starts to set around the edges of the skillet.
- Next, transfer the skillet to the oven and let it bake for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Mix together the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and fold it gently in the green leaves. Give a final toss for a good mix.
Cut the Frittata in neat slices and serve with the greens tossed in olive oil and the bread. You can enjoy this dish at breakfast, lunch or even at dinner. Don’t you think it is one of the best egg recipes?
Baked Croque Madame
How about recipes eggs for diner that will melt in your mouth, and help you wrap up your day on a happy and a sublime note? Yes, we go right ahead with it! It is also one of the quick and simple egg recipes you can try at any meal time.
Ingredients You Need
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups of cooked and diced ham
- 1 ½ grated gruyere
- 2 cups of cream
- 5 cups of a day old brioche loaf
- ¾ cups of milk
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp of butter
- ¾ cups of grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Salt and pepper, according to taste
- Freshly grated nutmeg powder.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay the cubed bread uniformly in the bottom of a medium sized casserole dish.
- Gently pour the milk over the bread and set aside.
- Take a sauce pan and cook the ham in oil until golden brown, on a medium-high heat.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over a medium heat.
- Fold in the flour in the melted butter, and whisk it up until smooth.
- Fold in the full cream and whisk it well.
- Now, allow the mixture to boil until it becomes thick.
- Now add the gruyere and the parmesan and stir it up to a smooth batter and remove the saucepan from heat.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg according to taste.
- Arrange a layer of the cooked ham, on top of the bread.
- Pour the cheese mixture on the bread and the ham and stir and mix well.
- Spread a layer of mixture over the mixture.
- Bake the mixture in the preheated for about 10-15 minutes until it is evenly warm and a layer of brown crust appears on the top.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan separately and slide the egg in gently and cook until the white is done but the yolk should remain intact and runny.
- Remove the croquet from the oven and gently top it up with perfectly cooked egg.
One of the easy egg recipes for dinner. Serve hot. Serve with a smile.
These quick and easy egg recipes for dinner that I have shared here are delicious too. They are simple, light and healthy and filling at the same time. Easily digestible and provide nutrition and energy in abundance. So, go ahead and choose your curry for tonight and enjoy it with your family and friends.