Dandruff is quite a common scalp disorder and it is caused due to irritated oily skin, dry skin and the growth of fungus and bacteria on the scalp. It causes excessive formation of dry skin flakes associated with itchiness and it must be taken care of as soon as possible.
Treating dandruff though is not much tough. You do not need to rush to the doctor and get some kind of expensive treatment. First of all we should get to know how to get rid of dandruff using home remedies. All you need is a little bit of patience and perseverance and you can then say farewell to the dandruff.
Olive oil can help in curing scalp dryness as it is used as a natural moisturizer. It is considered to be the best home remedy to remove dandruff in natural way.
- Before you go to bed, massage your scalp with warm olive oil on a daily basis.
- Cleanse your hair using a mild shampoo next morning.
- Cover your head with a cotton wrap or a towel for a few minutes.
Coconut oil helps in eliminating dandruff because of its anti-fungal properties and it also provides relief from itching.
- Take some coconut oil and mix half amount of lemon juice in it.
- Rub it on the scalp and massage it.
- Wash your hair after 20 minutes.
White vinegar is one of the best natural hair treatments for dandruff as it has acetic acid which prevents the growth of fungi on the scalp.
- Massage your scalp with vinegar. Make sure that the massage is not superficial but is deep.
- You may also add a little bit of vinegar in the last mug of water while you are washing your hair.
- Always make sure that you keep your eyes away from the vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Treating the scalp with apple cider vinegar is very effective in getting rid of the dandruff troubles. It also plays the role of a natural hair clarifier and cleans the clogged hair follicles and pores.
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and mix equal amounts of water to it.
- Massage it on your scalp and let it rest for a few minutes. Rinse your hair after a few minutes.
Fenugreek seeds, also known as methi can also help you in reducing the occurrence of dandruff. It has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which help to banish the white flakes. Fenugreek is really a very good natural home remedy to remove dandruff fast.
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- Grind them to a fine paste the next morning.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the paste and apply it to your scalp.
- Leave it undisturbed for 30 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
Neem has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-Inflammatory properties and thus, helps in treating dandruff. How to get rid of dandruff using home remedies like neem?
- Boil neem leaves for about half an hour.
- Make a paste of it and apply it to your scalp.
- Let it rest for thirty minutes and then wash off with water.
Neem can also be used along with coconut oil and beetroot juice and use it as a homemade hair pack.
Aloe Vera Gel
It has proteolytic enzyme characteristics which mean it can break down proteins including the dead skin cells. It can be used as a very goof exfoliant for the scalp. Thus, it is an important natural remedy for dandruff.
- Collect the gel from the Aloe Vera leaves directly from the plant and apply it on your scalp.
- Let it rest for fifteen minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash and practice this on a regular basis.
Lemon is a citrus fruit rich in vitamin C and it is acidic in nature. This helps to keep dandruff at bay.
- Mix a part of lemon juice to five parts of coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and leave it undisturbed for half an hour.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash it.
Baking soda has an alkaline nature which helps to eliminate the dead skin cells and act as a mild exfoliant. It also helps to control the oil secretion on the scalp leading to lesser dandruff. Thus, it is one of the important natural remedies to remove dandruff.
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda to the shampoo and then wash your hair normally.
- The flakes that are stuck in the scalp will get removed in a single wash.
Yogurt presents the scaling of the scalp and pepper is antifungal so this combination helps in fighting dandruff.
- Take two spoons of black pepper and then powder it finely.
- Add the powdered pepper to once cup of yogurt.
- Mix it thoroughly and then apply the mixture on the scalp.
- Leave it undisturbed for an hour and then rinse it finely using a mild shampoo.
The treacherous problem of dandruff will be solved now when you know how to get rid of dandruff using home remedies and you can go out with confidence! Being dandruff free will also help in making your relation with your peers stronger. So, do not give it a second thought, just give these simple tricks a try. Because the best thing about these remedies is that there are no side effects.