Asthma is a respiratory disease where the spasm blocks the air passage of nasal area and mouth and prevents air to pass through lungs and vice versa. It is kind of a chronic disease which attacks recurrently and brings several perils like wheezing, coughing, trouble in breathing and blocking in chest. Patients of asthma face the trouble of coughing and breathing mainly at early in the morning and at night. Winter is the season when problems increase a lot. You’re definitely on medication, but you can also try best and simple home remedies for asthma. Before knowing how to get rid of asthma with home remedies, you should know the reasons of asthma.
What are the Causes of Asthma?
Asthma is not a specified disease for aged persons. It can occur to any people of different age group. A kid of 2 years is equally prone to asthma as a man of 60. If it is in your gene, there is high chance that the disease will spread its roots throughout generations. Other than that, there are several reasons of asthma-
- Dust and Pollution
- Bad habits like smoking
- Any kind of lung infections
- Stress and anxiety
- Inappropriate Exercises
- Some foods like eggs, peanuts, certain fishes, etc.
Symptoms of Asthma
How will you know that your kid or any of your dear ones has asthma? Look for these symptoms-
- Difficulty in breathing
- Whistling sound while breathing
- Congested chest
- Cold and cough
- Discomfort while sleeping
How Home Remedies Help to Solve Asthma
If someone is affected by this lung disease, he should not delay in visiting an expert physician. Any self-diagnosis can be killer. While following the doctor’s prescription, you can try these effective home remedies to get rid of asthma–
How to get rid of asthma with home remedies? Ginger can help you there. Studies have shown that there are such components in ginger which is useful in reducing any inflammation at your air passage and also soothe airway contraction.
How to Use
- Chop ginger and have some pieces regularly with salt.
- Make syrup with ginger juice, honey and pomegranate and have this mixture 2-3 times a day.
- Boil ginger pieces and strain the water. Let it be cool and drink it.
- A fenugreek decoction can detoxify your lungs. With ginger juice it helps the most. Boil fenugreek seeds and add ginger juice to it. Drink every morning and evening.
Along with asthma, cloves can cure many other respiratory diseases. Consider this among the best natural way to cure asthma.
How to Use
- Boil 6 cloves into half glass of water.
- Add honey to the mixture.
- Cool it for few minutes and have it two times a day to get effective result.
When we’re discussing about natural remedies for asthma, how can we forget about this age-old remedy to cure asthma attack? At time of asthma attack, massaging chest with mustard oil can clear the blockage of your chest and respiratory passage and helps in breathing normally.
How to Use
- Add camphor while heating mustard oil.
- Take it out into a bowl and massage chest while it is warm.
- Repeat the process several times a day until you feel comfortable.
- You can use only warm oil or can add garlic cloves to it for better result.
The 5000 years of popularity in healing asthma along with other diseases is still vibrant. Any kind of congestion at your lungs can be cleared up with the help of garlic.
How to Use
- Take 2-3 cloves of garlic and mince them.
- Add minced garlic into a cup of milk.
- Boil the milk and drink it warm.
- Make it your regular habit.
The best and simple home remedies for asthma. There are several fruits which can solve your breathing trouble due to asthma.
- Figs– To drain the phlegm, figs are very effective. Soak dry figs overnight and have those at morning on empty stomach. Don’t waste the soaking water. Drink it. You’ll get positive result.
- Dry Grapes– Soak dry grapes overnight and have those in the morning on empty stomach.
- Banana– To get instant relief from asthma attack, banana is a wonderful option. Keep a ripe banana on slow flame. Smash it and add black pepper. Have it warm.
- Pomegranate– You know the benefits of pomegranate while mix it with ginger juice and honey. You can also have this fruit directly to cure asthma.
- Citrus Fruits– Wheezing of asthma can be reduced by increasing the intake of citrus fruits with vitamin C. Have oranges, papaya, strawberries, etc.
You can consider it as one of the effective home remedies to get rid of asthma. Strong coffee can clear the air passage to make your breathing easier. It also relaxes the muscles and prevents contraction. 3 cups of black coffee is enough to solve your problem. If you don’t like coffee, go for black tea.
If you’re looking for the best natural way to cure asthma, honey is the thing you need. With antioxidants, amino acids and several vitamins, honey is perfect to cure asthma attack.
How to Use
- Have 1 TSP honey every night before going to bed. It will remove phlegm from throat and give you a peaceful sleep.
- Mix honey with cinnamon or thyme powder and have it daily.
- Mix 1 tsp honey with a glass of warm water and take small sips.
The list of natural remedies for asthma must include this one too. There is a component in eucalyptus oil, named eucalyptol, which helps to clear mucus. It also works against congestion. While taking steam, pour few drops into the steaming water. Deep breaths while taking steam can give you instant result.
When you think of how to get rid of asthma with home remedies, seek help to onions. It can cure any inflammation in your lungs and in the airways while you breathing. Increase the amount of onion in your cooking. Raw onion in salad is also good to treat asthma.
Popularly known as ajwain. It is a herb that soothes the muscle spasms that creates trouble in your bronchial airways. Mix carom seeds with buttermilk and have this regularly. Add some carom seeds in steaming water for clearing your nasal passage.
These are some useful tips on home remedies for asthma. Whatever method you use, don’t forget to take medicines regularly and stay away from pollutants in the air which increase the problem.