Coughing is undoubtedly the most helpless irritating experience you can possibly go through. It is embarrassing and at the same time disturbing. But it is one of the most common health problems we all suffer from. It surely does not sound good when you are amongst a conglomeration of people or crowd. Whether it is a quiet movie hall or a party bash of your special friend, a relentless coughing is really not a good reflection of personality. Yes dear, that’s understandable. But there are, thankfully several easy ways how to get rid of a dry cough home remedies, which I would like to share with you along the best tips and solutions.
What Is Cough ?
It is nothing but an irritation and an infection in the respiratory tract. It is generally caused by viral infections, cold and flu due to weather fluctuations or if you are sensitive to very cold foods. It is normal and curable through several natural medicine for cough.
Types Of Coughs
There are generally two types of coughs – dry and productive. In a productive cough you are continuously coughing up phlegm which is accumulated in your lungs and throat. But in case of dry cough, it is almost relentless. You continuosly feel a tickle in your throat which makes you cough relentlessly. Dry cough is generally caused due to certain allergies in the deep throat and polluted air around you. I would like to suggest some of the best tips on home remedies to remove cough and hopefully, relieve you from your discomfort.
How to Get Rid of a Dry Cough Home Remedies
Here are some of the best natural medicine for cough which is easily reachable and instantly effective.
Keep Yourself Hydrated All The Time
- You need to keep any fluid handy with you, like warm water or pineapple juice. It is important to take occasional sips to keep your throat moist. Since cough is a type of allergy, the dryness increases the irritation resulting in the urge to cough. If the throat is moist, you suffer much less
- When you just can stop the relentless dry coughing and it is tearing your lungs away, a warm salt water gargle can prove to be the best soother ever. Make sure the water is just warm and not very hot. Put some salt in the water, and gargle 4-5 times a day. It sure works wonders and will help you feel better instantly.
- Prepare a big mug of tea with aniseed and cinnamon. Aniseed soothes throat and provides relief to cough. The natural and the herbal effect of cinnamon is an added benefit to your sour throat. It is proven home remedies for cough.
- When you can’t take the irritation anymore and thinking how to get rid of a dry cough home remedies and want some instant relief, nothing will be as soothing like a cup of ginger-tea. The ginger too has a pacifying effect on cough. You will find the flavor of ginger very enticing during this sick phase. The aroma of the hot tea along with ginger will relieve you instantly.
- Prepare a glass of cinnamon milk and drink it before you go to bed. It is one of the best home remedies to remove cough.
What you need-
- 8 oz. of milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Take a sauce pan and heat the milk first.
- Put in all the ingredients and allow the milk simmer for another 5 mins.
- Do not boil the milk.
- Take it off the fire and allow it cool down till it is light warm.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of honey in the milk before you drink.
- Take gradual and slow sips and relax before you hit the sack.
- When you are wondering about some natural remedies for cough, a glass of fruit juice can do the trick. Fruit juice like the pineapple juice is very effective for dry coughs. It works more efficiently than the cough syrups. You can also opt for grape juice with a tablespoon of honey, if you wish. Both these juices will be your instant relief from continuous dry coughing.
Stick To Foods That Soothes The Throat
- Keep a stock of lozenges where ever you go. Preferably opt for the lozenges with menthol flavor. They are great in providing instant relief to the throat. Since menthol is an extract of peppermint, if soothes and gives a cooling effect thereby giving you relief from dry cough.
- When you are fed up coughing and thinking about home remedies for cough, apparently nothing can come near to the magical effect of honey. It is the most soothing and effective cure for your dry cough. The rich, silky texture of honey moistens the throat immediately and its medicinal properties act on the irritation to give you instant relief. You can have it as it is, or mix it with warm glass of milk or water.
- A bowl of hot piping chicken soup can be your best comfort food, when nothing else goes down the sour throat. You can take this at time when you can’t chew proper food due to throat irritation. Your body starts feeling weak due to lack of proper meal and nutrition. At this point, the chicken soup is the best option. It will not only feel good in the throat but also will make up for the energy loss in you.
Use Steam And Essential Oils For Throat Relief
There are several useful essential oils that can help to cure dry cough home remedies and help you derive instant relief from irritating dry cough.
- If you are suffering from congestion, the oils of rosemary, eucalyptus, sandal wood, tea tree, peppermint and sage can work wonders in giving you relief.
- You can also use a few drops of essential oils in warm water and gargle with it. It will be very effective for your sour throat. But do not swallow the solution.
- Since the respiratory track and the nasal tract are connected, inhaling the aroma of the essential oils can also be effective in giving relief to your throat. You can rub few drops of essential oils inside your palms and inhale the aroma.
- Inhaling steam directly from a hot boiling pot of water and taking a warm steam bath can give you immense relief from dry cough too.