Evaluation associated with total outcomes of educational and intellectual tasks of students
Successes of educational and activity that is cognitive of students are described as quantitative and qualitative indicators expressed and recorded by the evaluation.
Assessment of knowledge – definitions and expressions in conditional units (points), along with evaluative judgments of this teacher of real information, abilities and abilities of students relative to certain requirements associated with curriculum.
Concept of requirements for evaluating the total outcomes of intellectual activity of pupils
In contemporary pedagogy of high school you can find different methods to this is of requirements for assessing the total outcomes of intellectual activity of students. Some experts propose for the item of assessment to make the structural the different parts of educational tasks, specifically:
- Content component – the total amount of knowledge about the item help writing college essays of research (relative to curricula, state requirements). When evaluating listed here characteristics of real information to be analyzed: completeness, correctness, logic, understanding (understanding, the distinction between your main plus the secondary); verbalization, that is verbalization (translation, description); capability to use knowledge, etc.
- Operational-organizational component – the capability of this pupil to choose the means of action with regards to the curriculum for the discipline that is evaluatedsubstantive actions); specific psychological traits, ie ability to compare, abstract, classify, generalize, etc. (psychological actions); abilities to evaluate, plan, organize, control the procedure therefore the outcomes of the job, basic task (basic academic actions). The analysis, plus the correctness, self-reliance of this performance when it comes to novelty ( by the model, similar, reasonably new), may also be to be analyzed. understanding and design that is verbal reproduction (translation), explanation, application in conditions of novelty, etc.
- Emotional and motivational component – mindset to examine (indifferent, maybe not enough good, interested, expressive, good).
These characteristics could be taken as a basis for determining the degree of academic achievement, general criteria because of their assessment and relevant assessments (in points).
Other criteria for assessment pupil’s success
The requirements for evaluation may be also:
- character of assimilation of currently understood knowledge (level of awareness, durability of memory, volume, completeness and precision of knowledge);
- the caliber of knowledge found by the pupil, the logic of reasoning, the argumentation, the sequence and liberty for the presentation, the tradition of speech;
- amount of mastering already known ways of task, abilities and skills of application of this acquired knowledge in training;
- mastering the ability of imaginative activity;
- quality of this work (external design, the pace of execution, diligence, etc.).
Some instructors look at the amount of knowledge to end up being the main criterion for evaluation:
- reproductive (knowledge is consciously observed, fixed in memory and reproducible information that is objective topics of cognition);
- reconstructive (knowledge is manifested in the willingness and cap ability regarding the pupil to make use of them in similar, standard or variational conditions);
- creative (students can efficiently apply knowledge and assimilated ways of acting in non-typical circumstances).
Today, many educators are developing their very own approach to assessing pupils’ knowledge, skills and abilities. When you look at the opinion of a few of them, the evaluation should always be in line with the content and amount of errors created by the pupil. They argue their perspective that in a few activities a performance without errors and shortcomings is predicted by the number that is maximum of, and also for the mistakes which can be made, the rating is paid off (gymnastics, acrobatics, figure skating, etc.). Proceeding from such recommendations, some scholars contemplate it expedient to just take particular assessment mistakes and defects in oral responses and written works for the assessment criterion. It’s important to elaborate norms of assessments, that is, to look for the quantity of mistakes and defects that correspond to an assessment that is particular. Requirements and norms of assessments should always be developed for every single discipline that is academic consequently, the necessity for any universal, generalized assessment requirements vanishes.