Assessment regarding the outcomes of educational and intellectual activities of students
Successes of academic and cognitive activity regarding the pupils are described as quantitative and qualitative indicators expressed and recorded by the evaluation.
Assessment of knowledge – definitions and expressions in conditional devices (points), along with evaluative judgments of this instructor of knowledge, skills and abilities of students relative to what’s needed of the curriculum.
Concept of requirements for assessing the outcomes of intellectual activity of pupils
In modern pedagogy of twelfth grade you can find different ways to this is of requirements for assessing the total link between cognitive activity of students. Some experts propose for the object of evaluation to use the structural the different parts of educational activities, particularly:
- Content component – the actual quantity of information about the thing of research (prior to curricula, state standards). When evaluating the next characteristics of real information to be analyzed: completeness, correctness, logic, awareness (understanding, the difference amongst the primary plus the secondary); verbalization, that is verbalization (interpretation, explanation); power to apply knowledge, etc.
- Operational-organizational component – the power of the student to choose the methods for action pertaining to the curriculum of this discipline that is evaluatedsubstantive actions); individual mental faculties, ie ability to compare, abstract, classify, generalize, etc. (mental actions); skills to evaluate, plan, organize, get a grip on the process plus the link between the job, general task (general educational actions). The analysis, along with the correctness, independence of this performance when it comes to novelty ( because of the model, similar, relatively new), will also be to be analyzed. understanding and design that is verbal reproduction (translation), explanation, application in conditions of novelty, etc.
- Emotional and component that is motivational mindset to examine (indifferent, maybe not enough good, interested, expressive, positive).
These characteristics may be taken as being a foundation for determining the degree of educational achievement, basic criteria with their assessment and appropriate assessments (in points).
Other requirements for assessment pupil’s success
The requirements for assessment may additionally be:
- character of assimilation of already known knowledge (degree of understanding, durability of memory, amount, completeness and accuracy of knowledge);
- The quality of knowledge discovered by the learning student, the logic of reasoning, the argumentation, the sequence and self-reliance associated with the presentation, the tradition of message;
- amount of mastering currently understood types of task, abilities and skills of application for the acquired knowledge in training;
- mastering the knowledge of innovative activity;
- quality associated with work (external design, the rate of execution, diligence, etc.).
Some teachers look at the amount of knowledge to function as main criterion for evaluation:
- reproductive (knowledge is consciously sensed, fixed in memory and reproducible information that is objective subjects of cognition);
- reconstructive (knowledge is manifested within the willingness and cap ability associated with the paper writer pupil to make use of them in similar, standard or variational conditions);
- creative ( students can apply knowledge and effectively assimilated means of acting in non-typical situations).
Today, many educators are developing their approach that is own to pupils’ knowledge, skills and abilities. Into the viewpoint of some of them, the evaluation is based on the content and amount of errors created by the student. They argue their viewpoint that in certain sports a performance without mistakes and shortcomings is estimated by the maximum quantity of points, and also for the mistakes which can be made, the rating is paid down (gymnastics, acrobatics, figure skating, etc.). Continuing from such recommendations, some scholars ponder over it expedient to take evaluation that is certain and defects in oral responses and written works for the evaluation criterion. It’s important to elaborate norms of assessments, this is certainly, to look for the amount of mistakes and defects that correspond to an assessment that is particular. Requirements and norms of assessments should always be developed for every discipline that is academic therefore, the necessity for any universal, generalized evaluation requirements vanishes.